29 March 2011

lately.

Hey, was that a tumbleweed that just passed by?  My bad.  Here, let me dust some of those cobwebs out of the way.  There, that's better.  So it's been about two months since my last post.  Yeah, I know!  I'm sure you've all been waiting in anticipation, perched on the edge of your seat, biting your nails, wondering and waiting, waiting and wondering, "what has this girl been up to?  where has she disappeared to?"  Right?  Right?!  Okay, maybe not, but I am definitely looong over due for an update, so I'll give you a quick rundown:
February.
First weekend is Ryan's dad's birthday, the next weekend is my birthday, and then it's Valentine's Day, and Valentine's Day weekend at work is much like Christmas only crammed into a week instead of three, and then there's a show at the GAMH, and there's only 28 days in the month, anyway, so it kind of got away from me.  I did, however, manage to take photos of jewelry with the makeshift light-box and upload/list those items on etsy.  It's looking more cohesive - I think they call that branding.  Or something.  Oh, and I sent out the application for the Pink Parlour Festival.
March.
Everyone is leaving me.  Alice goes to Seattle, Zoe leaves for Mexico, Ryan is off to Texas.  I send out another application to the festival as the first one was never received and wait.  Time is becoming an issue, so I start talking myself out of the festival, as I'm prone to do, when I receive the acceptance email.  A little shocked and overwhelmed, I quickly change my tune and decide to go for it.  Later that week, Japan is rocked by a massive earthquake and tsunami.  Total devastation.  The event touches me and I'm moved to do something (you'll read about that later).  I decide to make simple wish bracelets and donate all the proceeds to Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Animal Rescue and Support after watching this video.  I list the bracelets on etsy, and the next morning, they've sold out. !!!  I list another 10, they sell out and I have over 15 inquiries for more bracelets.  Holy crap.  What did I just do to myself?  I eat, sleep, breathe jewelry for the next couple weeks.  Then the festival is here - drive down to LA Saturday, set up Sunday, drive back Monday, back to work on Tuesday.  And now the month is pretty much over and I can breathe again.

So there's the recap of the last couple months; some of the above mentioned events will be elaborated upon in future posts.  I'm sure you're all dying to here about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment